14 Mar How to Properly Dispose of a Sofa
How to Properly Dispose of a Sofa
Trying to find a way to get rid of an old couch can seem like a complicated task, but there are plenty of ways you can dispose of your sofa efficiently. Unless your couch is useless, you may be able to give it away or donate it. If there is no salvaging your sofa, you might need to either hire a standard skip or pay for rubbish and garbage removal to take your sofa to an active landfill site in the UK.
Discarding and Dismantling Your Couch
If you’ve decided to discard and dismantle your couch, you’ll need to prep it to be thrown away. Follow these steps to ensure this process is carried out correctly:
- Remove Your Couch Cushions: Your cushions might easily come off, or you might need to use a power tool to remove them. Keep the cushions if their useable.
- Check For Lost Items: You might find items like credit cards or loose change stuck inside your couch. Make sure there’s nothing valuable hiding in there before throwing it out.
- Remove the fabric: Rip off any of the material covering the sofa frame. If it’s stapled, use a screwdriver to pry open the staples and take the fabric off. You don’t have to take all of the material off, just the part that’s covering the wooden frame.
- Cut the Wood Frame: Try to cut the wood into small pieces. Remember to stay away from nails, bolts, and springs as you cut.
- Dispose of Your Couch: You won’t need to find a skip hire for rubbish for this process. Instead, you can put it in your regular trash receptacle.
Throw the Entire Couch Away
If you plan to throw your couch away by yourself, you must figure out how you want to get rid of it. Some people will try to leave their couch on the corner to have their trash company collect the sofa. However, most likely, your local trash company will not pick up that big of an item, so you’ll need to consider an alternative option.
If you’re set on doing it yourself, the best decision is to rent a standard skip to fit your couch, so it’s appropriately thrown away. Finding an affordable skip hire for rubbish can be difficult, especially if you have a larger-sized couch. Plus, once you finish disposing of your couch, you’ll have a big skip sitting in front of your property or apartment until it’s picked up.
An alternative option is to check with your local active landfill site to see if they will take it. Landfills will most likely charge a fee to pick up the furniture or require you to bring it to them.
Professional Sofa Disposal London
If that sounds overwhelming, enlist the help of professional rubbish and garbage removal professionals, like Five Star House Clearance. Not only will do they offer sofa pickup, but they can also accommodate same-day sofa removal. If you’re looking for easy sofa removal London services, it’s a no-brainer to hire Five Star House Clearance.